Michael Ethan Stern, M.D.
Dr. Michael Stern graduated from Brown University with a Bachelor of Arts in Art History and Studio Art. He worked as an artist exhibiting in numerous galleries in New York City. Dr. Stern then made a career change and enrolled in Weill Cornell Medical College, graduating in 2001. Dr. Stern completed a residency in Emergency Medicine at New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center and then was the first fellow in Geriatric Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Stern is currently an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College and the Co-Director of the Geriatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship in the Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Stern has published several topics on Geriatric Emergency Medicine and has a particular interest in polypharmacy in the elderly population.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Geriatric Emergency Medicine
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2001