Locations and Appointments
- Shock Circulatory
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Respiratory Failure
- Severe Asthma
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Connecticut, 2012
- B.S., Yale University, 2007
It is a true privilege to care for critically ill children and their families in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit during their most vulnerable moments. Our unit works as a skilled team, dedicated to providing excellent complex care to each of our patients and their families. I am honored to be part of this team, and strive to provide compassionate and coordinated care.
Dr. Megan Toal is Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP Komansky Children's Hospital.
Dr. Toal earned her Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at Yale University, and her medical degree (M.D.) from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. She completed Pediatric residency training at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she was also selected as Chief Resident. She continued her training at NYP/Weill Cornell, completing a Fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.Her research interest include biomarkers of critical illness. She also is dedicated to medical education of pediatric residents and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine fellows.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- June 2018, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Pediatrics Fellow Award for Teaching
- June 2015, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Pediatrics Senior Resident Award for Clinical Excellence
- May 2012, The Arnold P Gold Foundation Leonard Tow Humanism Award