Brenna M. Farmer, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
Dr. Brenna Farmer is the site director at NYP-Lower Manhattan Hospital Emergency Department. She is an assistant professor of clinical emergency medicine. She continues to work as the Director of Patient Safety in the Weill Cornell Medicine's Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Farmer has previously served as an assistant residency program director for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital’s Emergency Medicine Residency program.
Dr. Farmer earned her medical degree at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University and completed her emergency medicine residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. She finished her sub-specialty training in medical toxicology at New York University/Bellevue Hospital Center and the New York City Poison Control Center. In addition, she completed a fellowship in Patient Safety Leadership through the American Hospital Association and National Patient Safety Foundation. Dr. Farmer is currently completing her combined MBA-MS in Healthcare Leadership through Cornell University’s Johnson School of Business and Weill Cornell Medicine’s Department of Healthcare Policy and Research.
Dr. Farmer is board certified in both emergency medicine and toxicology. She is active nationally in several organizations and is a fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians, American Academy of Emergency Medicine, and the American College of Medical Toxicology. Her primary areas of focus are quality improvement, patient safety, and medication safety.
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Toxicology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, 2004
- B.S., Western Carolina University, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY