Locations and Appointments
- Bipolar Disorder
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Addiction Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Neuroscience - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Peter Edwin Stokes, M.D. Clinical Scholar in Psychobiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2004
- Ph.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2002
- B.S., University of Chicago, 1993
Marc Dubin, MD PhD specializes in the evaluation of patients with major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder who have been resistant to previous treatment. He combines psychopharmacology treatment with psychotherapy. When appropriate, he also uses brain stimulation treatments, including Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT).
Dr. Marc Dubin is an Assistant Professor in Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Psychiatrist at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He works in the TMS program as well as on the inpatient unit and sees patients in his faculty practice. He teaches both medical students and residents in psychiatry. In addition, he conducts research to gain greater insight into the mechanisms of brain stimulation as well as to optimize its delivery.
Dr. Dubin graduated from the College of the University of Chicago, earned a Ph.D. in Neurobiology and an M.D. from The University of Rochester School of Medicine. After completing his residency in Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College, he was a Fellow at Columbia, were he studied families at high risk for Depression with Dr. Bradley Peterson and Dr. Myrna Weissman. He has published in the fields of Cognitive Neuroscience, Neurophysiology, and Neuroimaging of Depression.
Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Diplomate, American Board of Addiction Medicine
To Schedule an appointment:
Call (212) 746-5817
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2012-2014 Weill Cornell Medical College Clinical and Translational Science Center Pilot Award: "The Effect of Neurostimulation Treatments on the Default Mode Network in Major Depression"
2011-2013 Brain & Behavior Research Foundation NARSAD Young Investigator Grant: "Anatomical Biomarkers of Risk for Familial Major Depression"
2012 First Prize Abstract Award - International Society for ECT and Neurostimulation (Co-Authored with Conor Liston, MD PhD)