Lakshmi P. Reddy, M.D.
Dr. Reddy is a faculty member of the Weill Cornell Medical College and serves as an attending physician in the psychiatric ER. She is board certified in adult psychiatry. She will be opening a private practice at Cornell starting in October 2012. She will be open to seeing children, adolescents, and adults. Dr. Reddy is warm, knowledgeable and has excellent psychotherapy as well as pharmacology skills.
Lakshmi Reddy, MD, was born in Hoboken, New Jersey and was raised in Rochester, NY. She attended Cornell University College of Human Ecology, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Human Development with a focus in Adolescent Cognitive, Social, and Developmental Psychology. She went on to receive her medical degree from the State University of New York Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. She trained in adult psychiatry at North Shore-Long Island Jewish Psychiatry Training Program. During her residency, she co-authored a case study titled "Rapidly Developing Hyperglycemia During Treatment with Olanzapine." She then went on to do her child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at Cornell-Columbia, graduating in June 2012. During her fellowship, she collaborated on a presentation that was showcased at the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, focused on children with disruptive behavior disorders presenting to the ER.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- * GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- Adult Psychiatry
- B.S., Cornell University, 2003
- M.D., State University of New York Upstate Medical University, 2007