Specialties and Expertise
- Gastrointestinal Metabolic Surgery
This registered dietitian works exclusively with the bariatric surgeons at Weill Cornell Medicine’s Department of Surgery, educating their patients about the unique nutritional requirements of weight procedures, including Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch, Adjustable Gastric Band, and Obalon. She also organizes and moderates the Cornell GI Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Program's bi-monthly support group meetings, coordinates quality initiatives for maintaining the center’s Metabolic Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program designation, and oversees the patient-to-patient ambassador program whereby preoperative patients are connected with more experienced postoperative patients who share their experiences and lend support.
She writes for, and serves on the editorial board of, Bariatric Times, a national, peer-reviewed industry publication. Liz is a reviewer for various journals including Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases and Obesity Surgery. She authors book chapters and speaks on the topic of nutrition for various audiences around the country. She is especially proud to have founded Manhattan’s first “ASMBS Foundation Walk from Obesity”, and continues to serve on the organizational committee for this important annual event which has been "walked" since 2003 and raises awareness and funds to help in the fight against the devastating chronic disease of obesity which affects one third of our nation.
Liz Goldenberg received a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition from Syracuse University and a Master of Public Health from New York University. She has more than 20 years of experience in clinical nutrition, the majority of it in gastrointestinal surgery. As a registered dietitian working exclusively with patients undergoing metabolic and weight loss surgery, she has a strong interest in the nutritional consequences of these operations, and enjoys speaking to both lay and professional audiences on this and various other nutrition topics.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Staff Associate in Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Clinical Dietitian - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.P.H., New York University, 2000
- B.S., Syracuse University, 1993
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY