Lisa G. Roth, M.D.
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Blue Access
- Blue Connection
- Mediblue (Senior)
- Community Plan
About Lisa G. Roth, M.D.
Dr. Roth is the Director of Pediatric Oncology and an Associate Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics, Medicine and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, where she served as the Charles, Lillian and Betty Neuwirth Clinical Scholar in Pediatric Oncology from 2013-2019. She is also an Associate Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Roth completed her undergraduate work at Duke University. She received her medical degree from New York University School of Medicine. Dr. Roth conducted her residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell and her fellowship in pediatric hematology/oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and NewYork-Presbyterian where she served as chief fellow.
Dr. Roth specializes in treating children, adolescents and young adults with lymphoma and leukemia. She is a member of the Children’s Oncology Group and an active participant in Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma clinical trials. She is also a member of the Weill Cornell Center for Lymphoma, a group which is internationally recognized for it’s leadership in the treatment of patients with lymphoma.
Dr. Roth’s research focuses on identifying new treatments for children with lymphoma. She is particularly interested identifying novel targeted therapies. Targeted therapies may be less toxic than conventional chemotherapy and may be able to rescue those patients with chemotherapy-resistant disease. Dr. Roth has been recognized for her work with awards from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Lymphoma Research Foundation, Hyundai Hope on Wheels Foundation, and the St. Baldrick's Foundation.
For More Videos, please see below:
Dr. Roth In the News:
Taking Away the Toll (12/2015)http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2016/nyrr-new-york-mini-10k/lisa-roth
- 2015 Hyundai Hope on Wheels Young Investigator Award
- 2015 St. Baldrick’s Foundation Scholar Career Development Award
- 2014 Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program, Translational Fellowship Award
- 2014 AIDS Malignancy Consortium Fellowship Award
- 2013 Charles, Lillian and Betty Neuwirth Clinical Scholar Award in Pediatric Oncology
- 2012 Lymphoma Research Foundation, Postdoctoral Fellowship Award
- 2012 Sass Foundation for Medical Research, Transition Award
- 2012 NIH Loan Repayment Award, National Cancer Institute
- 2010 Chief Fellow, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell
- 2011 Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research Award
- 2005 American Medical Women's Association Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Award
- 2005 Alpha Omega Alpha, New York University School of Medicine
- 2004 Milton B Rosenbluth Research Travel Grant
- 2001 Cum Laude, Duke University
M.D.New York University School of Medicine2005
Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory MedicineWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Associate Attending PediatricianNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Associate Professor of PediatricsWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Associate Professor of Pediatrics in MedicineWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.