You are here
Specialties & Expertise
- Pulmonary Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Physician
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 1975
- B.A., Brooklyn College, City University of New York, 1971
Dr. Lawrence Schwartz obtained his B.A. in 1971 from Brooklyn College. He received his medical degree from New York Medical College in 1975. Both his Internship and Residency were completed at Beth Israel Medical Center where he was Chief Resident from 1978-1979. Dr. Schwartz also completed his fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine at Beth Israel in 1981. He is certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Schwartz was named in the New York "Super Doctors" Listing in 2008 through 2013.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medicine in 2016, Dr. Schwartz was a member of a private practice and was affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center.