Larry Latson, Jr., M.D., M.S.
Larry Latson, M.D., M.S. attended graduate school at Case Western Reserve University, earning an M.S. in biomedical engineering in August 2001, and attended medical school at Case Western Reserve University from 2003 through 2007. He then completed a preliminary year of internal medicine training at Morristown Memorial Hospital, from 2007 through 2008, where he was voted the Outstanding Preliminary Resident by the faculty, before his residency in diagnostic radiology and fellowship in Cardiothoracic Imaging at Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, NY, from 2008 through 2013. He was voted the Milton Elkin Outstanding Graduating Resident by the faculty in his final year of radiology training.
After fellowship, Dr. Latson joined the faculty at the NYU School of Medicine in the Department of Radiology in 2013, where he was a member of both the cardiac and thoracic imaging services through August 2021, serving as a Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology and the Associate Section Chief of the Cardiac Imaging Section. He was voted as the Emil J. Balthazar Teacher of the Year in 2017 and 2021.
In September 2021, he joined the Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging at Weill Cornell Medicine. His clinical areas of interest include CT and MR imaging of adults and children with congenital heart disease.
- American Board of Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology (Interim) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2007
- M.S., Case Western Reserve University, 2001
- B.A., Colgate University, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported