The gastrointestinal system includes all organs involved in digestion. Some gastrointestinal disorders may require surgical treatment to improve patients’ quality of life.
At Weill Cornell Medicine, our surgeons specialize in treating all gastrointestinal conditions using minimally invasive techniques, a type of surgery that benefits patients with reduced pain, bleeding and recovery time.
Laparoscopy is a type of minimally invasive surgery that uses small incisions (cuts). During the procedure, a thin camera (laparoscope) is inserted through the incision into the abdomen. This tool is used to see the body’s organs clearly so that surgeons can effectively treat the specific area.
Leading Surgeons, Comprehensive Care
Our surgeons are experts in performing laparoscopic procedures for all types of digestive conditions, including complex or rare cases.
Our team of surgeons works closely with other specialists, including endocrinologists and gastroenterologists to ensure the best possible comfort and well-being before, during and after your surgery.
Digestive Conditions We Treat Laparoscopically
Our team treats all digestive conditions, including:
● All types of hernias
● Conditions affective the esophagus (tube connecting the mouth to the stomach), including difficulty swallowing and esophageal tumors
● Stomach conditions, including gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcers or stomach tumors
● Gallbladder conditions, including cholecystitis and gallstones
● Liver conditions
● Pancreatic conditions
● Intestinal conditions, including small bowel tumors, colon tumors and diverticulitis
● Endocrine conditions, including carcinoid tumors
● Spleen conditions
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment, please fill out our form. Our staff will help you find the physician who best fits your individual medical needs.