Katerina Dodelzon, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Radiology - Diagnostic
- Breast Biopsies
- Stereotactic Breast Core Biopsy
- Breast MRI
- Breast Ultrasonography
- CT (Computerized Tomography)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
Katerina Dodelzon, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. She also serves as the Associate Program Director of the Radiology Residency Training Program and of the Breast Imaging Fellowship Training Program.
Dr. Dodelzon earned her B.A. with research honors, in Neurobiology and Psychology from Northwestern University in 2004. She received her M.D. degree from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine in 2008. She was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society in the spring of her junior year.
Following an internship in Internal Medicine at New York Downtown Hospital in NYC where she received the Faculty's Intern of the Year award, Dr. Dodelzon completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (2009-2013) at NYU Langone Medical Center where she was elected and served as Chief Resident. She remained at NYU-Langone for a dedicated year of fellowship training in Breast Imaging. Dr. Dodelzon joined the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty in August 2014.
Dr. Dodelzon’s clinical expertise is in Women’s Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies including mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and performs breast interventional procedures including stereotactic breast biopsies, and image-guided breast biopsies (ultrasound and MRI). She achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2013.
Dr. Dodelzon’s research interests include the optimization of breast cancer surveillance techniques for high risk populations and the utility of breast MRI in prediction of tumor behavior. Additionally, Dr. Dodelzon is leading a Department wide initiative to train physicians to communicate more effectively with patient using state of the art simulation techniques. She is an Editorial Board Member and Reviewer for the journal of Clinical Imaging. In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Dodelzon is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students and a patient advocate.
Dr. Dodelzon is a member of several radiological societies listed below:
- American Association of Women Radiologists
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
- New York Roentgen Ray Society
- Physicians for Human Rights
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Iowa College of Medicine, 2008
- B.A., Northwestern University, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans