Kara Rachel Greenwald, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
Dr. Kara Greenwald received her undergraduate degree at the University of Rochester and her medical degree from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. She was a member of the Rochester Early Medical Scholars Program. After medical school, she moved from Rochester, NY to New York City and completed her internal medicine residency training in 2011 at the New York University School of Medicine (NYUSOM). Before joining Weill Cornell Medicine Primary Care in 2017, Dr. Greenwald worked at Bellevue Hospital Center as a primary care physician, hospitalist, and assistant professor of general internal medicine at NYUSOM. Dr. Greenwald is also passionate about the topics of patient safety and quality improvement in medicine.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2008
- B.A., University of Rochester, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported