- Pediatric Asthma
- Severe Asthma
- Interventional Bronchoscopy
- Pediatric Airway Disease
- Bronchomalacia, Congenital
- Bronchomalacia, Acquired
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
- Chronic Lung Disease of Prematurity
- Dependence on Non-Invasive Ventilation
- Invasive Mechanical Ventilation
- Pediatric Pulmonology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 2004
- B.S., Yale University, 2000
I am a pediatric pulmonologist who has been practicing in the New York Metro Area since 2007. I pursued this specialty because I love kids, and pulmonary medicine gives me the right mix of continuity of care, complexity and procedures. I chose to work at Weill Cornell because I always want to stay on the cutting edge of medicine and I love to teach, both trainees and patients. I greatly enjoy working closely with my patients to provide personalized, compassionate and quality driven care. Patients, parents, my colleagues and staff are all part of a team working together to give the best care to every patient. I strive to be a dedicated and thoughtful physician, mother and researcher, and treat my patients the same way I would treat my own children and family.
Dr. Kalliope Tsirilakis is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an assistant attending pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She is also the Director of Pediatric Pulmonology and the Pediatric Asthma Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens.
A lifelong New Yorker, born in Brooklyn and raised in Westchester, she graduated from Weill-Cornell Medical College and completed her residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Tsirilakis continued her training at the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore in the Bronx, where she completed a Fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonology. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology.
Her expertise includes the full spectrum of pediatric pulmonary conditions, with special expertise in Severe Asthma, Patient Education, and Interventional Bronchoscopy.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Tsirilakis is involved in research and education. She has several research interests spanning Quality Improvement Initiatives, Asthma Education Programs, Health Care Disparities, Complex Airway Disease, and Pathophysiologic and Inflammatory Mechanisms of Asthma. She also has a keen interest in interdisciplinary care of aerodigestive disorders, working closely with colleagues in Gastroenterology and ENT.
Dr. Tsirilakis is also active in community engagement. She is involved in the Asthma Coalitions of Queens and Long Island, serving as faculty in their Asthma Educator Certification Course, and as faculty for the New York State Department of Health’s Asthma Quality Improvement Consortium. She is also involved in several regional and national quality improvement projects on asthma and health care disparities.
She is fluent in Modern Greek and conversational in Spanish.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2016, 2015: New York Super Doctors Rising Star
- 2013: North Shore-LIJ Health System Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2009: American Thoracic Society Pulmonary/Critical Care Training Program Scholarship
- 2009: Pediatric Academic Societies’ Young Investigator’s Travel Award