Locations and Appointments
- Adolescent Psychotherapy
- General Psychiatry
- Child Psychotherapy
- Adult Psychiatry
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Children of Divorce
- Parenting Issues
- Adolescent and Childhood Disorders
- Mood Disorder
- Family Therapy
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Professional Associate - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Social Work in Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- Ph.D., New York University, 1992
- M.S.W., Columbia University, 1973
Jo Hariton, PhD is on the faculty in the Child and Adolescent Division in Westchester. She currently runs the Social Skills Training Program for Children and Adolescents, teaches group therapy, supervises students, and has a faculty practice where she sees children, adolescents and adults. Her clinical interests include individual psychotherapy for the treatment of Anxiety Disorders, Asperger's Disorder, and ADHD. She has an interest in parenting skills, and the treatment of children of divorce.
Dr. Hariton's undergraduate degree is from Goucher College. She received her Masters Degree in Social Work from Columbia University, and her Ph.D. in clinical social work from N.Y.U. She has also completed Psychoanalytic Training from the Postgraduate Center for Mental Health.
She is a Certified Group Psychotherapist and serves on the Board of Directors of the Westchester Group Psychotherapy Society. She has presented her work at national meetings and has written articles for professional journals and chapters in books on Group Therapy for children and adolescents.
She is listed in Who's Who in America, and Who's Who of American Women.
Office hours are:
Monday-Thursday | 8:15am to 7:30pm
Friday | 8:15am to 6:00pm
To schedule appointments:
Call (914) 997-5957 [or]
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
NASW Westchester Award: Distinguished Service to the Profession, March, 2009
Teacher of the Year Award, Psychology Postdoctoral fellows, NYPH, Payne Whitney Weschester, June, 2007