Jeffrey M Perlman, M.B., Ch.B.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Neurology
- Newborn Medicine
- Neonatal Resuscitation
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.,Ch.B., University of Cape Town Faculty of Medicine (South Africa), 1974
Honors and Awards
- Voted one of New York's Super Doctors, 2013
- Selected as Physician of the Year, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, 2011
- Voted one of America's Top Doctors, 2001-2009
- Voted one of New York Magazine's Best Doctors, 2004-2014
- Science Advisor to the Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Distinguished Physician of the Year - Parkland Hospital, 1997
Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Voted one of New York's Super Doctors, 2013
Voted one of New York Magazine's Best Doctors, 2014
Dr. Perlman is a Professor of Pediatrics at the NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health/Weill Cornell Medical Center and director of the Division of Newborn Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College's Department of Pediatrics. He also directs the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). He received his medical degree from the University of Cape Town (1974) and completed his pediatric residency and fellowship training at St. Louis Children's Hospital, affiliated with Washington University.
After completing his training, Dr. Perlman served as medical director for the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at St. Louis Children's Hospital for six years. Previous to his arrival at Weill Cornell in 2004, Dr. Perlman was the medical director of the NICU at Parkland Memorial Hospital affiliated with the University of Texas, Southwestern in Dallas for 14 years.
His research training and subsequent research has been related to the mechanisms contributing to neonatal neurological injury including hemorrahagic ischemic cerebral injury in the preterm infant and hypoxic ischemic injury in the term infant.
A world-renowned expert in neonatal medicine, Dr. Perlman lectures frequently both nationally and internationally, and is the author of dozens of published papers. Additionally, he is co-chairman of the neonatal resusciation program (NRP), a member of the Pediatric Subcommittee of the American Heart Association and currently serves on two NIH committees.