Locations and Appointments
- Primary Care Internist
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2011
- B.A., Columbia University, 2007
Dr. Joanna Elisabeth Loewenstein attended NYU School of Medicine and continued at NYU for her Primary Care/Internal Medicine Residency. Her areas of interest include telemedicine, women’s health, preventative medicine, sports medicine and nutrition.
Dr. Loewenstein is a native New Yorker and grew up on Long Island. She attended Columbia University where she studied Art History and Chemistry and graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2007. She is an avid runner and tennis player and lives on the Upper East Side.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Medicare
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- * UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care