Locations and Appointments
- Primary Care Internist
- General Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.P.H., Columbia University, School of Public Health, 2002
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine, 1992
- B.A., Boston University, 1992
Dr. Joseph Chang is a graduate of the Seven-Year Medical Program at Boston University and Boston University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Aurora, Colorado where he was also chief resident. Dr. Chang also completed a fellowship in General Internal Medicine from Columbia University and holds a masters degree in epidemiology from their Mailman School of Public Health.
From 2003 to 2012, Dr. Chang practiced at Columbia University Medical Center where he served as the Assistant Director of the Section of Hospital Medicine. He played an active role in the Medical House Staff Training Program as a clinician educator and also served as a Key Faculty Advisor for the Internal Medicine Residency Program. Dr. Chang has received numerous teaching awards throughout his career including the prestigious Daniel V. Kimberg Memorial Junior Faculty Teaching Award from Columbia University Department of Medicine in 2009. Additionally, he was named a three-year recipient of the Ewig Clinical Scholar Award for dedication and excellence in clinical teaching in 2010. Dr. Chang also received the Physician of the Year Award from New York-Presbyterian Hospital in 2010.
Dr. Chang served as a Team Physician for the New York Yankees from 2007 to 2012.
Dr. Chang is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare