Jennifer I. Lee, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
Jennifer Lee is a hospitalist who cares for hospitalized patients only and does not have out-patient practices.
Jennifer I. Lee, MD is Vice Chair for Quality and Patient Safety (QPS) and Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Weill Department of Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine. She is board certified in internal medicine and an academic hospitalist in the Division of General Internal Medicine. She earned her M.D. degree from State University of New York Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and completed her combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
Dr. Lee’s research interests include reducing readmissions and improving multidisciplinary patient care and care transitions with publications in the Journal of Hospital Medicine and Academic Medicine. Her passion is to build a pathway for promotion for junior faculty through academic quality improvement. In 2015, she spearheaded the institution-wide Quality Improvement Academy for faculty to achieve academic scholarship through the design and implementation of high impact, sustainable projects aimed at improving clinical care. Her educational interests include mentorship of students, residents and faculty for whom she has designed and continues to lead dedicated training opportunities in QPS.
Locally she serves on several committees focusing on reducing systems’ errors, readmissions and improving care transitions. On the regional level, she has co-authored a white paper on the role of the hospitalist in care transitions with the New York Chapter of the American College of Physicians (ACP). She was a member of the Hospitalist Advisory Group for the Healthcare Association of New York State’s Partnership for Patients Readmissions Reduction Initiative and has also served as an expert panelist on readmissions and care transitions at regional conferences.
Nationally, she serves as core faculty in the American College of Physicians’ Advance Program and was awarded the American Association of Medical College’s Learning Health Systems Research award in 2014. Internationally she is Adjunct Professor at Yonsei Severance Hospital and serves as core faculty in Weill Cornell Medicine’s collaboration with Yonsei for faculty development for Hospital Medicine.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2000
- B.A., Barnard College - Columbia University, 1991
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.