Locations and Appointments
- Internal Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1998
Jonathan A. Waitman, M.D. is board certified in Internal Medicine and Clinical Nutrition. He works closely with Dr. Louis Aronne, Director of Center for Weight Management and Metabolic Clinical Research. He is the course director for the nutrition curriculum and Weill Cornell Medical College. He is also the Medical Director for Specialized Nutrition Support New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill-Cornell Medical Center.
He attended Boston University, where he received his B.A. in Psychology. He then attended the Mount Sinai School of Medicine where he received his MD. He then completed a 3-year residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY. He was asked to, and accepted, the position of Chief medical resident in the department of internal medicine from 2001-2002. Following completion of his training in Internal Medicine he then went to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center where he completed a fellowship in clinical nutrition. He has co-authored numerous articles on the subject of obesity.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Health Care