Locations and Appointments
- Nuclear Medicine
- Lumbar Puncture
- Radionuclide Therapy For Metastases of Bone
- PET (Positron Emission Tomography)
- CT (Computerized Tomography)
- Nuclear Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- Ph.D., Technical University of Munich (Germany), 2011
- M.D., Ludwig Maximillians University Munich, Faculty of Medicine (Germany), 2009
Jana Ivanidze, M.D., Ph.D., is a radiologist specializing in Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Ivanidze earned her M.D. degree from Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany in 2009. She was awarded her Ph.D. degree from Munich University of Technology, Munich, Germany in 2011. After an internship in the Department of Internal Medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, Dr. Ivanidze completed her residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at New York- Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center (2012-2016). She then completed Fellowship training in Neuroradiology at NewYork-Presbyterian and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, as well as additional subspecialty training in Nuclear Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and was recruited to join the Weill Cornell Medical College faculty in July 2017.
Dr. Ivanidze interprets imaging studies of the brain, spine, and head & neck and performs neuro-interventional procedures such as image-guided lumbar punctures and myelography. She also interprets general nuclear medicine studies as well as PET/CT, and performs nuclear medicine treatments including thyroid therapy, therapy of bone metastases, and radioimmunotherapy.
Dr. Ivanidze is also actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows.
Dr. Ivanidze’s neuroimaging and molecular imaging research interests have been supported by grants from the Radiological Society of North America, the Foundation of the American Society of Neuroradiology, and Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans