Isaac Kligman, M.D.
"The Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility is committed to the finest patient care and continued research excellence. This combination continually improves the care we deliver and keeps our services at the forefront of the field. As soon as new treatments are proved safe and effective in treating infertility, couples will find them at The Center for Reproductive Medicine."
Specialties and Expertise
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Gynecologic Endocrinology
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Routine Gynecology
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Reproductive Health
- Reproductive Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Gyn Surgery
- Tubal Surgery
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Advanced Gynecologic Surgery
- Artificial Insemination
- Assisted Reproduction
- Chronic Pelvic Pain In Female
- Complex Gynecologic Surgery
- Female Hirsutism
- Egg Donation
- Female Genital Disorder
- Female Hormones
- Female Pelvic Surgery
- Fibroid Surgery
- Fibroid Tumor
- Gynecologic Hormonal Disorders
- Gynecological Laparoscopic Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Hormone Disorder
- Hormone Replacement
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hormone Testing
- Hysteroscopic Procedures
- Hysteroscopic-Advanced Surgery
- Female Infertility
- Infertility Assessment
- Infertility Procedures
- Infertility Surgery
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) Insertions
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Irregular Periods/Menstrual Cycles
- Irregular Menstrual Bleeding
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- Microsurgical Tubal Surgery
- Ovarian Cyst
- Ovarian Hormone Disorders
- Ovulation Induction
- Ovulation Induction Monitoring
- Pelvic Pain In Female
- Polycystic Ovary
- Postmenopausal Status
- Postcoital Test
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Tubal Anastomosis
- Tubal Ligation
- Tubal Ligation Reversals
- Uterine Ablations
- Uterine Fibroid
Dr. Isaac Kligman is a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at the Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRM) at Weill Cornell Medical College. Board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, he is an internationally renowned fertility specialist.
Dr Kligman provides fertility preservation services for women who want to cryopreserve (freeze) their eggs and desire to achieve a pregnancy later in their reproductive life. With the refinements in this technology such as oocyte (egg) vitrification, this procedure has become widespread and a good alternative to overcome the impact of aging on a woman’s ovary. He also treats patients with a wide range of reproductive and infertility disorders. He helps patients with fertility issues become pregnant using the most sophisticated assisted reproduction techniques, including in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). He is skilled in laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, two minimally invasive surgical modalities. With laparoscopy, he treats anatomical causes of infertility such as endometriosis, pelvic scar tissue, blocked fallopian tubes and ovarian cysts. He removes polyps, fibroids and scar tissue and corrects congenital malformations such as uterine septum with hysteroscopy.
Dr. Kligman joined the Center for Reproductive Medicine in 1993 for his fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility under the direction of Dr. Zev Rosenwaks, and became a full-time faculty member at CRM upon completion of his fellowship in 1995. Prior to joining CRM, he completed a research fellowship in Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania in 1989 and his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Maryland Medical Center in 1992. Dr. Kligman completed his M.D. in 1981 and his residency in 1987 at the Unversidad Javeriana in Bogota, Colombia.
Dr. Kligman has made countless presentations on research and treatment topics in reproductive medicine to audiences throughout the United States, Japan, Europe and South America. He has authored and co-authored numerous textbook chapters as well as dozens of articles in leading peer-reviewed medical journals. He is also a member of the Editorial Boards of Fertility and Sterility and Reproducción Humana, the official journal of the Latin American Association of Reproductive Medicine (ALMER). Dr. Kligman is an active member of several professional societies including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the New York Obstetrical Society.
Dr. Kligman is profiled in Marquis Who's Who in America, Marquis Who's Who in the World and received the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award. He has been listed in New York Times Magazine's Best Doctors and Castle & Connolly's Top Doctors - New York Metro Area.
Dr. Kligman sees patients in CRM's Manhattan office. Please call (646) 962-3814 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
You may also visit http://www.ivf.org, CRM's patient resource website, for more information.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Clinical Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University Javeriana Faculty of Medicine (Colombia), 1981
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported