You are here
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Abdominal Imaging
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Duke University School of Medicine, 2000
- M.S., Duke University, 1997
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Radiology
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Associate Attending Radiologist
Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
George Shih, M.D. is Associate Professor and Vice-Chair for Informatics in the Department of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Associate Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus. He received his B.S. degree in Computer Science from Duke University in 1994. He earned a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Electrical Engineering in January 1997 from Duke University School of Engineering and a Diplome d’Ingenieur, Electrical Engineering from the Ecole Nationale Superieure de Telecommunications in Paris, France in January 1997 (dual degree).
Dr. Shih remained at Duke, earning his M.D. in May 2000 from the Duke University School of Medicine. After completing his internship year in the Department of Medicine at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY in 2000-2001, Dr. Shih completed his radiology residency training (2001-2005) in Diagnostic Radiology at Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY. Dr. Shih was awarded the Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award (2003) and the Columbia University Housestaff Research Scholarship (2003). Dr. Shih remained at Columbia’s Department of Radiology for an MRI Fellowship (2005-2006) with emphasis on Musculoskeletal, Body, Cardiac MRI and Peripheral MRA.
Dr. Shih achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2005.
In July 2006, Dr. Shih was recruited to Weill Cornell’s Department of Radiology as an Assistant Professor and as Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
As a member of the Abdominal Imaging Division in Weill Cornell's Department of Radiology, Dr. Shih performs a wide variety of studies in X-ray, CT, MRI and Ultrasound.
His research interest in medical informatics include machine learning, natural language processing, 3D printing, and mobile health.