You are here
Specialties & Expertise
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast MRI
- Breast Sonogram
- Breast Biopsy
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Professor of Clinical Healthcare Policy and Research
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.B.A., Columbia University, 2000
- M.B.,B.Ch., B.A.O., National University of Ireland, Faculty of Medicine (Ireland), 1988
Geraldine B. McGinty, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. McGinty attended the National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland from 1982-1988 and was awarded her MB. BCh. BAO, with Honors, in 1988. She earned her Master of Business Administration from Columbia University in 2000.
Following her rotational internship year in Medicine and Surgery at University College Hospital, Galway Ireland, Dr. McGinty completed residency training in Diagnostic Radiology (1989-1993) at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA; Dr. McGinty was selected and served as Chief Radiology Resident from 1992-1993. This was followed by a one year fellowship in Women’s Imaging at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. During this fellowship year Dr. McGinty also held the title of Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School.
After training, Dr. McGinty joined the Department of Radiology (1994-1995) at New York Medical College as Assistant Professor of Radiology and Assistant Attending Radiologist at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York. From 1995-2002 Dr. McGinty was Medical Director of Outpatient Imaging at Montefiore Medical Center and was also Assistant Professor of Radiology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY. Dr. McGinty was a physician and shareholder in NRAD Medical Associates, Garden City, NY from 2002-2013; she was Managing Partner at NRAD from 2010-2012. Dr. McGinty started on the Weill Cornell Medical College faculty as Assistant Professor of Radiology in March 2014. Dr. McGinty achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 1993.
Dr. McGinty’s clinical expertise is in Women’s Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies including mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and performs breast interventional procedures including stereotactic breast biopsies, and image guided breast biopsies (ultrasound and MRI).
Dr. McGinty, a recognized expert in health care economics, currently holds the following leadership positions in several important national organizations: Member of the AMA Relative Value Update Committee (2012-present); Chair of the Economics Committee of the New York State Radiologic Society (2010-present); Member of the Workers’ Compensation and No Fault Insurance Committee of the Medical Society of the State of New York (2010-present); Chair of the Commission on Economics of the American College of Radiology (ACR) (2012-present); and is a Member of the Board of Chancellors of the ACR (2012-present). She is an Editorial Board Member and Reviewer for the Journal of the American College of Radiology (2011-present). In recognition of Dr. McGinty’s contributions to the specialty of Radiology she was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Radiology (FACR) in 2013.
Her research interests include healthcare payment policy and new payment models as well as the delivery of value based imaging care. In addition to clinical activities, she will be teaching residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. McGinty is a member of the following professional societies:
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Society of Breast Imaging