My grandfather was a surgeon and my greatest inspiration. When I was a child, I followed him around with awe asking countless questions about his work and medicine. What moved me the most however was his passion and the compassion he showed towards the patients with whom he worked. I proudly followed in my grandfather’s footsteps and it is now my passion to educate patients; to help them learn about healthy lifestyles, wellness and preventive medicine and to help them understand and cope with illness, chronic and terminal conditions.
Medicine provides me with the opportunity to help others take control of their health and healing. I have the privilege of educating patients as well as medical students, Interns and Residents about the art and science of medicine.
As Dr. Peabody poignantly wrote “for the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient”. I look forward to this new chapter in my career working as part of the Weill Cornell Medicine team.
Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
Dr. Rodriguez Caprio joined Weill Cornell Medicine Primary Care in 2019. She is board Certified in Internal Medicine, and her main interests are Internal Medicine, HIV and AIDs, PrEP and PEP.
She received her Doctor of Medicine degree from Facultad de Medicina of UDELAR in Uruguay and completed an Internal Medicine Residency at Hospital Pasteur MSP Uruguay. When she moved to the United States she completed an Internal Medicine Residency and Chief Residency at Cabrini Medical Center of New York Medical College. Dr. Rodriguez practiced Internal Medicine at Callen Lorde Community Health Center and prior to joining Weill Cornell she was the Medical Director of the Jack Martin Clinic at Mount Sinai Medical Center- Icahn School of Medicine where she also managed a busy primary care practice and taught medical students, Interns and Residents.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of the Republic, Faculty of Medicine (Uruguay), 1987
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- * Medicaid
- * Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported