Locations and Appointments
- Adult Psychiatry
- Anxiety Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Professor of Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Neuroscience - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Pharmacology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Mortimer D. Sackler, M.D. Professor of Molecular Biology in Psychiatry I - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Psychiatrist-in-Chief - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Chairman of Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Ph.D., University of Michigan Medical School, 1996
Francis Lee, MD, PhD is a Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry, a Professor of Neuroscience and Pharmacology and the Psychiatrist-in-Chief at NewYork- Presbyterian Hospital. In addition to his academic responsibilities, he maintains an active faculty practice treating a range of conditions incorporating psychotherapy and/or psychopharmacology as needed.
Dr. Francis Lee obtained an MD and PhD from the University of Michigan, followed by Psychiatry residency training at Payne Whitney Clinic, Weill Cornell Medical College. He completed further postdoctoral training in molecular neuroscience at the Skirball Institute, New York University and the University of California, San Francisco.
Dr. Lee is the Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and the Psychiatrist-in-Chief at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Lee directs a laboratory whose main area of research is in basic molecular and neural mechanisms that are relevant to neuropsychiatric disorders. In particular, his research is focused on using genetic models to delineate the role of growth factors, such as BDNF, in complex behaviors related to the pathophysiology and treatment of affective disorders.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource