Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
Dr. Florence Yu graduated from the seven- year B.S./ M.D. combined program at The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, City University of New York Medical School and received her medical degree from New York Medical College in 2006.
She completed a residency in Internal Medicine at St Vincent's Hospital in Manhattan, under the Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers.
Dr. Yu worked as an internist at The Hospital for Special Surgery since 2009, specializing in Perioperative Medicine. She joined Weill Cornell Medical Associates at the Iris Cantor Health Center in August 2015, a multidisciplinary practice providing coordinated and comprehensive patient care to both men and women.
She finished her Master of Public Health at the University of Massachusetts Amherst to further her knowledge of current public health concerns. Her focus is on preventing disease and prolonging a high quality, healthful life.
Her primary goal as a physician is to provide quality compassionate care to all her patients.
Dr. Yu is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine. She provides primary care services and weight management.
She is a member of the American College of Physicians, American Medical Women's Association, American Medical Association and Obesity Medicine Association.
- Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - Hospital for Special Surgery
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 2006
- B.S., Sophie Davis Center for Biomedical Education, 2003
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass