Locations and Appointments
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - Hospital for Special Surgery
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New York Medical College, 2006
- B.S., Sophie Davis Center for Biomedical Education, 2003
Dr. Florence Yu graduated from the seven- year B.S./ M.D. combined program at The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, City University of New York Medical School and received her medical degree from New York Medical College in 2006.
She completed a residency in Internal Medicine at St Vincent's Hospital in Manhattan, under the Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers. Dr. Yu has a special interest in adolescent & young adult health, and was enrolled in the combined Internal Medicine/Pediatric program at St Vincent's prior to its closure.
Dr. Yu worked as an internist at The Hospital for Special Surgery for over 6 years, specializing in Perioperative Medicine. She joined Weill Cornell Medical Associates at the Iris Cantor Health Center in August 2015, a multidisciplinary practice providing coordinated and comprehensive patient care to both men and women.
She is currently finishing her Master of Public Health at the University of Massachusetts Amherst to further her knowledge of current public health concerns. Her focus is on preventing disease, prolonging life, and promoting universal healthcare, both locally and internationally. To this effect, Dr. Yu has been a part of international medical mission teams in the past and hopes to continue to do such work in the future.
Her primary goal as a physician is to provide quality compassionate care to all her patients.
Dr. Yu is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. She is a member of the American College of Physicians, American Medical Women's Association, and the American Medical Association
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care