Flavio G. Gaudio, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Emergency Medicine
- Environmental Injuries
Dr. Flavio Gaudio is the medical director of the Nurse Practitioner Program in Emergency Medicine. He is also an assistant professor of clinical emergency medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and an assistant attending physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Gaudio earned his medical degree from The State University of New York-Stony Brook School of Medicine. Prior to joining the staff at NewYork Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Gaudio worked as an emergency physician at Kendall Regional Medical Center in Miami, Florida, and Nyack Hospital in Nyack, New York.
Dr. Gaudio is an outstanding educator, an excellent clinician, a well-respected researcher, and a highly reputable expert on wilderness and environmental medicine.
Dr. Gaudio possesses extensive teaching, clinical, and research experience and has repeatedly won the commendation of his colleagues and patients for his approach to clinical care of patients and his acumen as a teacher and supervisor of physician residents, interns, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and medical students.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Jeanne and Herbert Siegel Award for Excellence in Emergency Medicine. 2019-2020.
"Back from the Dead: the Joe Tiralosi Story." An extraordinary case of medical resuscitation led by Dr. Gaudio and featured in the Associated Press, CNN Prime Time, CNN Headline News, and CBS News. November 2009.
Excellence in Teaching and Excellence in Academics, Emergency Medicine Residency, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 2001.
Phi Beta Kappa, Cornell University, 1989.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 1997
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported