Specialties and Expertise
- General OB/GYN
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Consult
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Consultation
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Assessment
Dr. Farzaneh Nabizadeh is a faculty attending physician in the Departmentof Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Nabizadeh is an experienced, board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist. Her skills and interests encompass the full range of obstetrics and gynecology.
Dr. Nabizadeh earned a Bachelor of Science in biochemistry from the University of Ottawa. She received her medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine. After medical school she worked as a research coordinator at Columbia University, studying osteoporosis, with her work being published in peer-reviewed medical journals. She then entered the Obstetricsand Gynecology Residency Program at NewYork-Presbyterian lower Manhattan Hospital, graduating in 2008.
Before joining Weill Cornell Medicine Dr. Nabizadeh spent six years in private practice at Mount Sinai West and at the Reliant Medical Group in Worcester, Massachusetts. During her time at MSW and Worcester, she also was Director of Medical Education in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Saint Vincent Hospital, and an associate clinical professor at the University of Massachusetts School of Medicine and the Ross University School of Medicine.
Dr. Nabizadeh’s life as an obstetrician-gynecologist has included formal awards for the teaching of residents and medical students, as well as research into women’s health, including a paper on hydrothermal endometrial ablation, a minimally invasive alternative for uterine fibroids. She also has an impressive history of medical volunteerism: she has worked with Doctors Without Borders since 2012; visited Guatemala with Surgicorp in 2015; and, in Worchester, provided free medical care at a local church-run clinic.
Dr. Nabizadeh is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She speaks English, German, Farsi.
In her free time, she runs, boxes and loves to read poetry.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., St. George's University School of Medicine (Grenada), 2002
- B.S., University of Ottawa (Canada), 1995
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported