Esther Wei, N.P.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Internal Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.S., Columbia University, 1985
- B.S.N., University of Rochester, 1976
Staff Associate in Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Esther Wei, MSN, ANP is a graduate of the University of Rochester (BSN) and Columbia University (MSN). Her focus is adult primary care. She is a Certified Diabetes Educator and has a special interest and expertise in the care of adults with diabetes and promotion of diabetes self-management. She is co-site leader of the Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associate's Diabetes Improvement Team and sits on the Diabetes Steering Committee for the Ambulatory Care Network at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She was a clinical coordinator for the landmark ACCORD Trial, a major NIH funded trial looking at cardiovascular outcomes in patients with diabetes. She has served as editor in chief of the WCIMA Diabetes Newsletter, and coordinates the diabetes group education classes in WCIMA. She also has an interest in community health, and has trained Community Health Workers for WCIMA’s Bridging Diabetes Care Team - a joint program between WCIMA and NYPH Community Health Outreach to improve diabetes outcomes.