Esther Wei, N.P.
I chose primary care because I enjoy the continuity and collaboration that comes from building relationships with patients and their families. In both my primary care practice and my specialty in diabetes care, I am committed to partnering with patients to promote healthy lifestyles, preventative health, and effective self-care. I feel strongly that this patient-provider partnership is crucial to improving health outcomes and quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.S., Columbia University, 1985
- B.S.N., University of Rochester, 1976
Staff Associate in Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Esther Wei, MSN, ANP is a graduate of the University of Rochester (BSN) and Columbia University (MSN). Her focus is adult primary care. She is a Certified Diabetes Educator and has a special interest and expertise in the care of adults with diabetes and promotion of diabetes self-management. She is the leader of Weill Cornell Medicine's Internal Medicine Associate's Diabetes Improvement Team, and helps coordinate WCIMA’s AADE recognized patient diabetes education program, which includes individual as well as group diabetes self-management education/support. She was a clinical coordinator for the landmark ACCORD Trial, a major NIH funded trial looking at cardiovascular outcomes in patients with diabetes. She has an interest in community health, and has trained Community Health Workers for WCIMA’s Bridging Diabetes Care Team. She is also a trained Lifestyle Coach for WCIMA’s Diabetes Prevention Program.