Weill Cornell Medicine's Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery provides high-quality care in the full spectrum of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the head and neck. Our academically based program provides treatment for conditions and deformities related to trauma, cancer, and a wide range of elective cosmetic procedures. Our clinical expertise includes:
- Aesthetic rhinoplasty
- Minimally invasive procedures such as Botulinum toxin and a variety of injectable fillers
- Facial contouring- liposuction and fat transfer
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Brow lift- including endoscopic, minimal incision techniques
- Facelift and neck lift
- Earlobe repair and surgery to correct protuberant ears (otoplasty)
- Laser treatment of facial spider veins and laser facial rejuvenation
- Dermabrasion and peels
- Cleft lip and Palate surgery, cleft rhinoplasty and pediatric head and neck reconstructive procedures.
- Functional rhinoplasty (nasal surgery to correct breathing)
- Treatment of fractures of the facial bones and traumatic lacerations
- Revision of unfavorable scars
- Reconstruction after removal of skin cancers or other cutaneous lesions
- Removal of benign cutaneous lesions
- Rehabilitation and reconstructive procedures to treat facial paralysis
- Microtia repair
Our specialties include a congenital and craniofacial pediatric surgery program that is a leader in the care for children with complex facial deformities, helping to transform the lives of young patients struggling with these disfigurements. Members of our surgical team regularly organize and participate in non-profit missions to other countries, including Peru, Colombia, Honduras, Ecuador, and China to treat children with cleft lips, cleft palates, and other craniofacial conditions.
As part of our commitment to providing patient-focused care, we encourage our patients to actively participate in their treatment plan. Before proceeding with elective surgeries, we provide extensive information about the procedure, including any potential risks and complications, as well as realistic expectations of results. The majority of procedures are performed on an ambulatory basis. In state-of-the-art surgical suites, our surgeons use the latest regional anesthetics and medications that allow our patients to recover more quickly and heal faster.
We are committed to ensuring that our patients are well-informed about the procedures available and have the opportunity to discuss their questions in confidence with any member of our team. The work of our division plays a very important role in patients' lives, helping with issues of self-esteem and confidence. Our ultimate goal is to help you look and feel your best.