As a neonatologist, I feel honored to care for the smallest and most vulnerable patients. My goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for each of my patients by using an evidence based approach to their treatment and working closely with our highly skilled multidisciplinary teams. I strive to create a collaborative partnership with each family and support each of them during their infant’s hospitalization. I find it extremely fulfilling to care for my NICU patients, from their first days in the hospital when they are in their most fragile states to their discharge when they are thriving and ready to go home with their families.
Specialties and Expertise
- Newborn Medicine
Dr. Emily Echevarria is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NYP Komansky Children's Hospital.
Dr. Echevarria received her undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis and her medical degree (M.D.) from Boston University School of Medicine. She completed her pediatrics residency and neonatal-perinatal medicine fellowship at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where she served as Chief Fellow in her final year.
Dr. Echevarria’s academic interests include communication, racial disparities, ethics, advocacy, and point-of-care ultrasound.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2019, Chief Fellow, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- 2013, Excellence in Pediatrics Award, Boston University School of Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine, 2013
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2008
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported