Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Transition of Care
Working as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Endocrinology has allowed me to build relationships with my patients and partner with families in the care of their child with chronic medical disorders. My goal is to empower patients with education and guidance in their disease process.
Emily Coppedge is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Certified Diabetes Educator at Weill Cornell Medicine in the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology. Ms. Coppedge received her Bachelors in Nursing from the University of North Carolina. She received her Masters in Nursing from New York University. She is board certified in as an advanced practice nurse specializing in pediatrics. After finding her passion working with children with diabetes, she became a certified diabetes educator.
Ms. Coppedge's areas of interests include Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, puberty, thyroid disorders and growth disorders. She is the Director of Camp Freedom, a day camp for children with Type 1 Diabetes, as well as the Co-Director of the Diabetes Transition Clinic, and works closely with diabetes organizations in the New York City area to help provide programs to patients, families and nurses regarding diabetes care.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare