Eloise Chapman-Davis, M.D.
“My mission is to provide the highest standards of care in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers by incorporating the latest surgical approaches and practicing evidence based medicine. My practice promotes compassionate care with a focus on empowering women to be active participants in decision making regarding their health care, which ultimately allows them to make appropriate treatment choices."
Specialties and Expertise
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecologic Oncologist
- Advanced Gynecologic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery
- Uterine Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
- GTD (Gestational Trophoblastic Disease)
- Endometrial Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery
Dr. Eloise Chapman-Davis earned her medical degree from Stony Brook University School of Medicine, completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Harvard University Brigham & Women's Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital and subsequently completed her fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at Northwestern University Prentice Women’s Hospital.
She is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill Cornell Medicine and is the Associate Fellowship Director for the combined Weill Cornell Medicine/Columbia NYP Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship. Dr. Chapman became the Division Director of Gynecologic Oncology at the New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College in February 2021. She also serves as the Co-Chair of the Meyer Cancer Center Gynecologic Oncology Disease Management Team.
Dr. Chapman specializes in all aspects of gynecologic oncology care including surgical and chemotherapy management of ovarian, endometrial, cervical, vulvar, vaginal cancers. She is extensively trained in minimally invasive surgical approaches using robotics and laparoscopy for treatment of gynecologic cancers and complex benign gynecologic diseases. Her goal is to provide a full complement of care to patients, stressing the importance of survivorship, sexual health, psychologic and physical well-being.
Dr. Chapman is actively involved in clinical and translational research evaluating gynecologic cancer outcomes through clinical trial development with an emphasis on health care disparities. Her research focuses on early detection and prevention strategies for women at high risk for ovarian and/or endometrial cancers and HPV related diseases. She has publications related to HPV education and has given multiple lectures to both the community and physicians on cancer risks. She was named the Donna Redel Clinical Scholar in 2018 recognizing her research efforts. With a mission of providing the highest standards of care in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers, in developing patient educational tools utilizing technology to improve communication between patients and providers for cancer prevention and treatment is her means to improve health equity. She has won numerous teaching awards and is considered a leader on the national level with her focus on Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity efforts in gynecologic cancer care.
Castle-Connolly Medical named Dr. Chapman-Davis one of the New York Metro and Regional Top Physicians and recognized her with the Exceptional Women in Medicine Award. Also, New York Magazine named her a Rising Star Honoree for gynecologic oncology on their list of New York Super Doctors. Dr. Chapman-Davis continues to be dedicated to providing treatment for underserved women internationally, providing both surgical management and cancer prevention strategies for patients in various countries. She has participated in medical missions in the Caribbean and Africa.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Gynecologic Oncology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine, 2004
- B.S., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Affinity Access
- * Affinity Health Plan
- * AgeWell New York
- * Amida Care
- * Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- * Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- * Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- * Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- * WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported