You are here
1484-1486 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10075
P: (212) 746-7000 | F: (212) 717-8207
As a geriatrician in Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, it is an honor and a privilege to care for older adults and develop meaningful doctor-patient relationships . I enjoy spending time with my patients and their families and learning about their values and goals. Working together to meet these goals is the excellence I strive for when providing care.
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Home Care Visit
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2001
Honors and Awards
Dalai Lama Award for calm and compassionate presence as Chief Resident. Stanford Hospital, 2005.
John P. Peters Prize for outstanding senior research thesis. Yale School of Medicine, 2001.
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Emily S. Finkelstein M.D., is a graduate of the Yale University School of Medicine. She completed both a residency and a chief residency in Internal Medicine at Stanford Medical Center. After completing her fellowship in geriatric medicine at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, she joined the medical faculty in the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine. She has a clinical interest in preventive medicine, and a research interest in adult child caregivers.