Emily Finkelstein, M.D.
As a geriatrician in Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, it is an honor and a privilege to care for older adults and develop meaningful doctor-patient relationships . I enjoy spending time with my patients and their families and learning about their values and goals. Working together to meet these goals is the excellence I strive for when providing care.
Specialties and Expertise
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Home Care Visit
Emily S. Finkelstein M.D., is a graduate of the Yale University School of Medicine. She completed both a residency and a chief residency in Internal Medicine at Stanford Medical Center. After completing her fellowship in geriatric medicine at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, she joined the medical faculty in the Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine. She has a clinical interest in preventive medicine, and a research interest in adult child caregivers.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Dalai Lama Award for calm and compassionate presence as Chief Resident. Stanford Hospital, 2005.
John P. Peters Prize for outstanding senior research thesis. Yale School of Medicine, 2001.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Geriatric Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported