Specialties and Expertise
- Molecular Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology
Dr. Cesarman is trained in Anatomic Patology, nbsp;Hematopathology and Molecular Pathology. She serves as Assistant Director of the Molecular Hematopathology Laboratory of the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weil Cornell Medical College. Dr. Cesarman's research focuses on malignancies associated with AIDS and other immunodeficiencies. Dr. Cesarman is Leader of the Pathology Core for the AIDS Malignancy Consortium and is involved in the diagnosis of these tumors in multiple national and international clinical trials.
Ongoing research in the Cesarman laboratory is aimed at characterizing the oncogenes encoded by KSHV and EBV, with the goal of dissecting the mechanism of transformation by these viruses and understanding their role in the development of malignant lymphoma or Kaposi's sarcoma. By characterizing the viral proteins that provide survival signals to the tumor cells, we are better understanding the role they play in carcinogenesis. The laboratory is currently developing inhibitors to these oncogenic viral proteins as a novel approach for the treatment of EBV- and KSHV-related malignancies.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 1995 Arthur Purdy Stout Society of Surgical Pathologists Award for outstanding publication by yourn investigator in the field of surgical pathology by an investigator under the age of 40.
- 2001-2006 Irma T Hirschl/Monique Weill- Caulier Career Scientist Award.
- 2001 Member American Society for Clinical Investigation.
- 2006 Member Henry Kunkel Society
- 2011-2013 Chair, General Faculty Council, Weill Cornell Medical College
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology)
- American Board of Pathology (Molecular Genetic Pathology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- Ph.D., New York University, 1988
- M.S., New York University, 1984
- M.D., Autonomous Metropolitan University, Division of Biological Sciences and Health (Mexico), 1981
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.