Eric Brumberger, M.D.
Eric Brumberger, MD is a board-certified Anesthesiologist specializing in regional and thoracic anesthesia. He earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Near Eastern Studies from Cornell University, and attended medical school at The Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Brumberger completed residency in Anesthesiology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College where he also was a fellow in regional and thoracic anesthesia.
Dr. Brumberger spends most of his clinical time doing regional, thoracic, and obstetric anesthesia. He is proficient in ultrasound-guided nerve blocks and catheter placements of the upper and lower limbs as well as the trunk. He is very involved in medical student and resident education and is the Associate Program Director/ Director of the Residency for the Department of Anesthesiology. Dr. Brumberger has co-created innovative educational programming through both a Global Health Elective in Punjab, India as well as an elective in Veterinary Anesthesiology at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Brumberger is currently on faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College at New York-Presbyterian Hospital as an Assistant Professor in Anesthesiology.
- Regional Anesthesia
- Thoracic Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2005
- B.A., Cornell University, 2001
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist