Elizabeth K. Arleo, M.D.
Dr. Elizabeth Kagan Arleo is a Board-Certified radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging. She is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Campus.
Dr. Arleo is a graduate of Yale College and Yale University Medical School. After an internship year in internal medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, Dr. Arleo completed her Radiology residency in Diagnostic Radiology at the NewYork- Presbyterian Hospital-Weil Cornell Campus. After staying on for a Fellowship year in Women’s Imaging, she was invited to join the radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Arleo’s clinical expertise is in Breast and Body Imaging and she interprets a variety of studies including mammograms, MRIs, CTs, ultrasounds, and x-rays.
Dr. Arleo holds several national leadership positions, including sitting on the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Content Advisory Panel for Breast Imaging, being on the Editorial board of Clinical Imaging for Women’s Imaging, and being an American Association for Women Radiologists (AAWR) Committee Member for the Public Relations, Membership, and Program Committees.
Dr. Arleo’s research focuses on multiple topics in Women’s Imaging, including breast imaging, pelvic ultrasound and MRI. She was one of Aunt.Minnie.com’s semifinal candidates for Most Influential Radiology Researcher of 2013:
Dr. Arleo has also been awarded the AAWR Research and Education Foundation Award in 2010, the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) / Fujifilm Education Travel Grant in 2008, a Departmental Evan’s Society Prize in 2006, the Society of Interventional Radiology Annual Meeting Research Travel Award in 2006, and an American Cancer Society Prize in 2004. For her clinical work, Dr. Arleo was selected by the Department of Radiology for the Distinguished House Staff Award in 2007.
Dr. Arleo is also the Founder and Director of the Mentorship Program for Women Radiology Residents, which has been funded by the President’s Council of Cornell Women (PCCW) Leadership Fund, she is active in teaching residents and fellows, and mentoring medical students.
Dr. Arleo in a member of many prestigious radiological societies as listed below:
· American College of Radiology (ACR)
· Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
· American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)
· American Association for Women Radiologists (AAWR)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast MRI
- Stereotactic Breast Core Biopsy
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Ultrasound of Breast
- Diagnostic Radiology
- B.A., Yale University, 1999
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2004