Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Primary Care
Dr. Rosado-Rivera is originally from Puerto Rico. She obtained her undergraduate degree in Education at the University of Puerto Rico, while also receiving scholarships for academic honors and competitive Olympic Weightlifting.
She moved to The Netherlands where she earned a Master of Science degree at Wageningen University with a thesis on women’s engagement in physical activities.
Dr. Rosado moved to New York City to obtain a doctoral degree in Applied Physiology at Columbia University, while also working as a personal trainer and continuing to compete at an elite level in Olympic Weightlifting representing New York State at national meets.
Her post-doctoral work, which included several peer reviewed publications in medical journals, was completed at the Center of Excellence for the Medical Consequences of Spinal Cord Injury at the Bronx VA Medical Center and was focused on improving the lives of persons with spinal cord injury.
Dr. Rosado obtained a Medical Degree at San Juan Bautista School of Medicine in Puerto Rico, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude and had the honor to deliver the Valedictorian speech.
Upon graduation, she returned to New York City to complete her residency in Internal Medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Her areas of clinical interests include women’s health and weight management.
In her leisure the good doctor enjoys reading, cycling and spending quality time with good friends.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., San Juan Bautista School of Medicine (Puerto Rico), 2016
- Ed.D., Columbia University, 2008
- M.Sc., Wageningen University (Netherlands), 2003
- B.A., University of Puerto Rico, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare