"My primary objective is to provide empathy, understanding, and the highest level of clinical care to each patient or couple on their way to achieving their dream of having a family. I believe that every individual deserves specialized treatment that is tailored to their unique history, medical diagnosis, and personal philosophy."
Specialties and Expertise
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Ovulation Induction
- Reproductive Health
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Egg Freezing
- Egg Donation
- Reproductive Medicine
- Female Infertility
Dr. David E. Reichman is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at The Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine of Weill Cornell Medical College. He is a board-certified reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialist who graduated Cum Laude from Yale University, received his medical degree from Weill Cornell Medical College, and completed residency in OB/GYN at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Reichman then completed fellowship training in reproductive endocrinology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is a double board-certified in both ob/gyn and reproductive endocrinology and a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Reichman has received numerous awards for his clinical excellence, surgical expertise, and medical research, including the William J. Ledger Prize (Cornell), the Emans-Goldstein Award (Harvard), the Outstanding Teacher Award (Harvard), and the Special Resident in Minimally Invasive Surgery Award (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists). In 2013 he received the prestigious K.Y. Cha Award in Stem Cell Technology from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, and in 2014 received the Jones Foundation’s Abby and Howard Milstein Reproductive Medicine Research Award, along with the Fertility & Sterility Star Reviewer Award. In 2018 Cornell’s medical students recognized him with the medical college’s Award for Excellence in Medical Education.
Dr. Reichman specializes in all aspects of reproductive medicine, including IVF/ICSI, high and low responders to ovarian stimulation, fertility preservation, egg freezing, oocyte donation, ovulation induction, amenorrhea, polycystic ovary syndrome, recurrent miscarriage, male infertility, LGBT reproductive services, and avoidance of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. He is also an expert surgeon, performing minimally invasive hysteroscopic and laparoscopic procedures for the treatment of endometrial and ovarian disorders. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Reichman lectures nationally and internationally on a wide range of topics in reproductive health, and is actively involved in medical research, having published 27 peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts and 9 textbook chapters. He currently sits on the editorial board of both Fertility & Sterility and the Journal of Assisted Reproduction & Genetics.
Dr. Reichman sees patients at CRM’s Tribeca office in Lower Manhattan. For more information or to make an appointment, contact Rosa or Katie at (646) 962-7499.
For more information about Cornell's Department of Reproductive Medicine, visit IVF.org.
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Clinical Reproductive Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2007
- B.A., Yale University, 2003
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported