Daniel J. Holzwanger, M.D.
Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Daniel J. Holzwanger, MD, is a physician specializing in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Holzwanger graduated from Cornell University where he earned his BS in Biological Sciences in 2009 and received his MD from Weill Cornell Medical College in 2013.
Following internship at New York Hospital Queens, Dr. Holzwanger trained as a resident in Diagnostic Radiology from 2014 to 2018 at NewYork Presbyterian-Cornell, where he served as Chief Resident from 2017-2018. He then completed a fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology from 2018 to 2019 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and returned to join the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine in July 2019.
He has published peer reviewed journal articles and textbook chapters within the field of radiology and his clinical interests include the minimally invasive treatment of benign and malignant tumors, vascular and lymphatic disorders, hepatobiliary diseases, genitourinary diseases, and other conditions.
Dr. Holzwanger is a member of the following radiological societies:
- American College of Radiology
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Radiologic Society of North America
- New York Roentgen Society
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 2013
- B.S., Cornell University, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported