Carolyn Sharyn Eisen, M.D.
Carolyn Eisen, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Campus. Dr. Eisen is a member of the Women's Imaging Division in the Department of Radiology. She performs a variety of exams and procedures including mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, ductography, ultrasound-guided core biopsy, stereotactic breast biopsy and fine needle aspiration cytology.
Dr. Eisen earned her B.S in Biology, with honors, from Haverford College, Haverford, PA and was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. She was awarded her M.D. from Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University in 1991. After an internship (1991-1992) in Pediatrics at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY, Dr. Eisen received radiology residency training (1992-1996) in Diagnostic Radiology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY. Dr. Eisen was elected Chief Resident in 1995-1996.
After completing residency training, Dr. Eisen completed a Fellowship in Breast and Body Imaging at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 1996-1997. Dr. Eisen achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 1996. In addition to providing clinical, Dr. Eisen is involved in the teaching of residents and Women's Imaging fellows.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Simmons R, Adamovich T, Brennan M, Christos P, Schultz M, Eisen C, Osborne M. Nonsurgical Evaluation of Pathologic Nipple Discharge. Annals of Surgical Oncology 2003; 10 (2):113-116.
Drotman M.B., Eisen C.S., Kalowitz J, Rosenblatt R. Efficacy of Specimen Ultrasound in Documenting Lesion Excision After Needle Localization Procedure. Abstract was presented at the Radiological Society of North America Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 2003
Drotman M.B., Eisen C.S., Vazques M.F., Wechsler E, Rosenblatt R. Columnar Cell Alteration Diagnosed at Stereotactic Core Biopsy of Breast Calcifications: Mammographic Findings and Results at Subsequent Surgical Excision. Paper was presented at the Radiological Society of North America Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, November 2001
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa
Chief Resident in Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Ultrasound of Breast
- Interventional Breast Imaging
- Stereotactic Breast Core Biopsy
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Core Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guidance For Fine Needle Aspiration
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1991