The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain a top priority at Weill Cornell Medicine. Therefore, in line with the latest guidelines issued by the New York State Department of Health related to COVID-19, we have revised our visiting policy. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Effective April 1, 2022
Outpatient Services (Weill Cornell Medicine Practice Locations)
- One support person will be permitted to accompany adult patients to their appointment.
- Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two adult caregivers.
- Visitors for patients may need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their visit. Vaccinated visitors must show official proof of vaccination such as an Excelsior Pass, vaccination card, or equivalent proof upon request.
- Note, if the patient prefers to have their support person only participate virtually, we support that option. During the appointment, patients may keep in contact with a loved one through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime, and/or phone. Staff will assist patients if needed.
- Any visitor who is coughing or shows other signs of illness will be asked to kindly leave.
Inpatient Services (NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital)