Specialties and Expertise
- Optic Nerve Disease
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Visual Field Loss
- Optic Neuropathy
- Temporal Arteritis
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- Neuromyelitis Optica
- Optic Neuritis
- Visual Hallucinations
- Unexplained Vision Loss
As a caring and dedicated physician, my mission is to provide excellent care to my patients. With my dual training in both Ophthalmology and Neurology, I am well suited to take care of patients with visual dysfunction caused by diseases of the eye and brain.
Weill Cornell Medicine and the Department of Ophthalmology are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Cristiano Oliveira to join the faculty as of September 2012, as a Neuro-Ophthalmologist.
Dr. Oliveira attended medical school at the Minas Gerais Federal University (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais) in his native Brazil. He completed his Ophthalmology residency and Glaucoma fellowship at São Geraldo Hospital, Minas Gerais Federal University.
His international career continued in New York where he completed a 2-year Glaucoma research fellowship at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the mentorship of Dr. Robert Ritch. The fellowship was followed by Neurology residency at North Shore and Long Island Jewish Hospitals. Among his many achievements he had the privilege to be elected as one of the chief residents.
Dr. Oliveira spent his final year of training at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, where he completed a Neuro-Ophthalmology fellowship under the mentorship of Drs. Joseph Rizzo and Simmons Lessell.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Federal University of Minas Gerais Faculty of Medicine (Brazil), 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO