Curtis Leland Cole, M.D., FACP
I seek to help patients achieve an informed sense of disease, disease prevention, and health promotion so they can actively participate in their care to define and maintain their own wellness.
Specialties and Expertise
- Medical Informatics
- Gay and Lesbian Issues
Dr. Curtis L. Cole is a graduate of Bowdoin College and received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College (currently known as Weill Cornell Medical College) in 1994. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency program at The New York Hospital [currently known as NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (Weill Cornell Campus)] in 1997. After residency Dr. Cole continued at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell as a Clinical Investigator in Medical Informatics. He also completed a course in Leadership Development of Physicians in Academic Health Centers in 1999 at Harvard University. In 2002, Dr. Cole completed the Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern University, Executive Development Program.
Dr. Cole is the currently the Chief Information Officer at Weill Cornell Medicine, where he is responsible for the core information services that support the research, clinical, education, and administrative functions of the college as well as the Wood Library. Previously, as Chief Medical Information Officer he led the implementation of a new electronic medical record system. He is also actively involved in the development of computer systems that support Clinical Research and Terminology Services.
Dr. Cole has several active research projects including participation in the national VIVO consortium. VIVO is a semantic web based system to help researchers find one another though a national network.
At Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates (WCIMA), he provides primary care for adults, with clinical expertise in primary care for psychiatric patients, and gay and lesbian health issues. Dr. Cole seeks to help patients achieve an informed sense of disease, disease prevention, and health promotion so they can actively participate in their care to define and maintain their own wellness.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
1996, 1998 David B. Skinner Award for Administrative Stewardship, New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Frances and John L. Loeb Associate Professor of Libraries and Information Technology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Clinical Population Health Sciences - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1994
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.