Specialties and Expertise
- Medical Informatics
- Gay and Lesbian Issues
- Primary Care
I seek to help patients achieve an informed sense of disease, disease prevention, and health promotion so they can actively participate in their care to define and maintain their own wellness...
Dr. Curtis L. Cole is a graduate of Bowdoin College and received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College (currently known as Weill Cornell Medical College) in 1994. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency program at The New York Hospital[currently known as NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (Weill Cornell Campus)]in 1997. After residency Dr. Cole continued at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital - Weill Cornell as a Clinical Investigator in Medical Informatics. He also completed a course in Leadership Development of Physicians in Academic Health Centers in 1999 at Harvard University. In 2002, Dr. Cole completed the Kellogg School of Business, Northwestern University, Executive Development Program.
Dr. Cole is the currently the Chief Information Officer at Weill Cornell, where he is responsible for the core information services that support the research, clinical, education, and administrative functions of the college as well as the Wood Library. Previously, as Chief Medical Information Officer he lead the implementation of a new electronic medical record system. He is also actively involved in the development of computer systems that support Clinical Research and Terminology Services.
Dr. Cole has several active research projects including participation in the national VIVO consortium. VIVO is a semantic web based system to help researchers find one another though a national network. An early version of the system is live at VIVO.Cornell.edu .
At Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates (WCIMA), he provides primary care for adults, with clinical expertise in primary care for psychiatric patients, and gay and lesbian health issues. Dr. Cole seeks to help patients achieve an informed sense of disease, disease prevention, and health promotion so they can actively participate in their care to define and maintain their own wellness.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
1996, 1998 David B. Skinner Award for Administrative Stewardship, New York Presbyterian Hospital.
- Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Healthcare Policy and Research - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1994
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY