Chloe Nims, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- General Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- HIV Psychiatry
- AIDS/HIV Psychological Counseling
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Chloe Nims, MD maintains a faculty practice in General Psychiatry with expertise in AIDS/HIV Counseling. She is also available for Psychopharamcology and Psychotheraphy consultations.
Dr. Chloe Nims is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at the Weill Cornell Medicine and Associate Attending Psychiatrist at the NewYork Presbyterian Hospital. She earned her medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and completed a residency in psychiatry at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Payne Whitney Clinic.
She is a diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology as well as of the American Board of Psychosomatic Medicine. Since 1995 she has held a full-time clinical position at the Center for Special Studies of New York-Presbyterian Hospital, a multidisciplinary program serving approximately 2000 individuals with HIV/AIDS across outpatient and inpatient settings.
Aside from maintaining a part-time private practice in General Psychiatry she is also active in the psychiatry residency as a supervisor, lecturer and member of the residency selection committee. In October 2009 she will participate in the Salzburg Seminar in Psychiatry as a faculty member for the sixth year.
To make an appointment:
Call - (212) 746-4121.
- Psychosomatic Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Psychiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1991
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark