Cheryl Goss, M.D.
Dr. Goss is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and board certificed in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine (2009). She is the Medical Director of Clinical Pathology and Transfusion Medicine at NYP Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Specialties and Expertise
- Clinical Pathology
- Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
Dr. Goss received her medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2001. Subsequently, she completed two years of residency trainingin Pediatrics at the New York University Medical Center before transitioning to Pathology. She completed training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at New York University Medical Center in 2007. This was followed by a fellowship in Transfusion Medicine at the New York Blood Center. Dr. Goss was appointed Assistant Professor of Pathology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2009. There, she served as Laboratory Director for the Hematology, Chemistry and Blood Bank laboratories at the Montefiore Medical Center North Division. She served on the Transfusion Committee, the Pathology Quality Assurance Committee, and also the North Division Medical Council Committee. She became Assistant Director of the Transfusion Medicine and Cellular Therapy Laboratory in 2011-2015 at Weill Cornell Medicine. In 2015, she became an Assistant Attending at Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. She will return to us at Cornell to serve as Medical Director of Clinical Pathology and Transfusion Medicine at NYP Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- American Board of Pathology (Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology)
- American Board of Pathology (Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2001
- B.S., State University of New York at Geneseo, 1997
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported