Catherine E. McGuinn, M.D.
Caring for pediatric hematology oncology patients requires a dedicated, compassionate and integrated medical team. I am proud to be part of the Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology as we strive to advance the treatment of children with cancer and blood disorders.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Bleeding Disorder
- Von Willebrand's Disease
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2005
- B.A., Yale University, 2001
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Dr. Catherine McGuinn is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork -Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. McGuinn is board certified in Pediatrics.
She completed her undergraduate work at Yale University receiving a Bachelor of Arts with a focus in History. A native of New York City, she returned to New York where she received her medical degree from New York University's School of Medicine and completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at the Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. McGuinn remained at Columbia for her fellowship training in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, where she selected as Chief Fellow and recognized as Fellow of the Year in 2010.
D. McGuinn's clinical interests include the diagnosis and management of children with hematologic and oncologic disorders, with a special interest in disorders of thrombosis and hemostasis, bone marrow failure syndromes, hemoglobinopathies, vascular tumors and benign hematology.