Caring for pediatric hematology oncology patients requires a dedicated, compassionate and integrated medical team. I am proud to be part of the Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology as we strive to advance the treatment of children with cancer and blood disorders.
Specialties and Expertise
- Bleeding Disorder
- Von Willebrand's Disease
Dr. Catherine McGuinn is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork -Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. McGuinn is board certified in Pediatrics.
She completed her undergraduate work at Yale University receiving a Bachelor of Arts with a focus in History. A native of New York City, she returned to New York where she received her medical degree from New York University's School of Medicine and completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at the Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. McGuinn remained at Columbia for her fellowship training in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, where she selected as Chief Fellow and recognized as Fellow of the Year in 2010.
Dr. McGuinn's clinical interests include the diagnosis and management of children with hematologic and oncologic disorders, with a special interest in disorders of thrombosis and hemostasis, bone marrow failure syndromes, hemoglobinopathies, vascular tumors and benign hematology.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Hematology-Oncology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2005
- B.A., Yale University, 2001
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.