I went into primary care primarily because of the opportunity it affords me to develop meaningful relationships with patients as we work together on health and wellness. Whether it's a short visit for a cold, or a years-long longitudinal partnership, I love being able to listen to patients' experiences and use my expertise to work together on developing a diagnostic, treatment, and follow up plan. Working at Weill Cornell, with the incredibly talented and dedicated staff that I am blessed to be able to work with each day, I am able to offer the highest quality, efficient, patient-centered care possible to help patients achieve, or regain, their optimal state of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health.
Specialties and Expertise
- Primary Care Internist
- Weight Management
- Chronic Disease
- Advice or Immunization For Travel
- Stress Management
- Back Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Preventative Health Care
- Primary Care
Dr. Brett Ehrmann graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in American Culture. He then attended the University of Michigan Medical School, and was awarded his medical degree with distinction in research, medical education, and service. He also obtained a Master of Science degree in Clinical Research from the University of Michigan School of Public Health.
Dr. Ehrmann completed his residency in Primary Care/Internal Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center. His areas of clinical interest include preventative health and wellness, weight management, mind-body medicine, and chronic disease management. He is dedicated to fostering partnerships with patients rooted in compassion, respect, and trust to help them reach their optimal state of health. In his spare time, he enjoys playing tennis, hiking, and traveling.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Frederic T. Kirkham award 2017, awarded to the top primary care residency
graduate at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School, 2014
- M.S., University of Michigan School of Public Health, 2013
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- * United Empire
- United Healthcare
- * United Healthcare Compass
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.