You are here
Interventional Radiology is a rapidly changing field on the forefront of minimally invasive techniques for patient care. One of my main interests include the diagnosis and minimally invasive treatment strategies for lung cancer and its sequela.
It is my belief that the patient-physician relationship does not begin and end with the diagnosis and treatment, but should extend beyond this. At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, our Lung Cancer Screening Program strives to both educate those at high risk for lung cancer and in conjunction with a multidisciplinary group of diagnostic and interventional radiologists, pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, offer the least invasive treatment approaches.
Specialties & Expertise
- Vascular and Interventional Radiologist
- Radiology, Vascular/Interventional
- Interventional Radiology
- Tumor Embolization
- Lung Cancer
- Ablation of Lung Lesion
- Lung Cancer-Diagnostic Testing
- Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
- Ablation of Liver Lesion
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Vascular Malformation
- Bone Cancer
- Cancer Pain Management
- Lung Biopsy
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2003
- B.S., New York University, 1999
Bradley B. Pua, M.D.
- Director of the Lung Cancer Screening Program
- Program Director, Interventional Radiology Fellowship
- Chief, Division of Interventional Radiology
Dr. Pua obtained a B.S. degree in Chemistry from New York University (NYU) and continued at NYU School of Medicine where he was awarded his M.D. degree. He completed three years of surgical residency at New York University Medical Center prior to deciding to pursue a career in Interventional Radiology and subsequently completed a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus & Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Pua remained at Cornell to complete his diagnostic radiology residency and was elected to serve as Chief Resident in his final year.
Dr. Pua's clinical expertise is in Interventional Radiology and performs a variety of interventional procedures including, but not limited to: arterial embolizations, stent placements, tumor ablations, biopsies and vascular access. His interests include both pediatric interventions and minimally invasive cancer therapy, with a particular focus on thoracic tumors.
Dr. Pua's research interests are in simulators for medical education as well as thoracic tumor treatments for which he has written both review articles and book chapters.
Dr. Pua is a reviewer for the Radiology, Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Clinical Imaging and Journal of Translational Lung Cancer Research.