Interventional Radiology is a rapidly changing field on the forefront of minimally invasive techniques for patient care. One of my main interests include the diagnosis and minimally invasive treatment strategies for lung cancer and its sequela.
It is my belief that the patient-physician relationship does not begin and end with the diagnosis and treatment, but should extend beyond this. At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, our Lung Cancer Screening Program strives to both educate those at high risk for lung cancer and in conjunction with a multidisciplinary group of diagnostic and interventional radiologists, pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists, offer the least invasive treatment approaches.
Specialties and Expertise
- Vascular and Interventional Radiologist
- Radiology, Vascular/Interventional
- Interventional Radiology
- Lung Cancer
- Tumor Embolization
- Pulmonary Arteriovenous Malformation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Thoracic Radiology
- Ablation of Lung Lesion
- Ablation of Liver Lesion
- Vascular Malformation
- Bone Cancer
- Cancer Pain Management
- Lung Biopsy
- Lung Cancer-Diagnostic Testing
- Low Dose Computed Tomography of Lungs For Lung Cancer Screening
- Screening For Lung Cancer
- CT Lung Screening
- CT Scan of the Chest
Bradley B. Pua, M.D.
- Director of the Lung Cancer Screening Program - Chief, Division of Interventional Radiology - Director, Radiology Consultation Services
Dr. Pua obtained a B.S. degree in Chemistry from New York University (NYU) and continued at NYU School of Medicine where he was awarded his M.D. degree. He completed three years of surgical residency at New York University Medical Center prior to deciding to pursue a career in Interventional Radiology and subsequently completed a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus & Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Pua remained at Cornell to complete his diagnostic radiology residency and was elected to serve as Chief Resident in his final year.
Dr. Pua's clinical expertise is in Interventional Radiology and performs a variety of interventional procedures including, but not limited to: arterial embolizations, stent placements, tumor ablations, biopsies and vascular access. His interests include both pediatric interventions and minimally invasive cancer therapy, with a particular focus on thoracic tumors.
Dr. Pua's research interests are in simulators for medical education as well as thoracic tumor treatments for which he has written both review articles and book chapters.
Dr. Pua is a reviewer for the Radiology, Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Clinical Imaging and Journal of Translational Lung Cancer Research.
- American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology)
- American Board of Radiology (Vascular & Interventional Radiology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Professor of Radiology in Cardiothoracic Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2003
- B.S., New York University, 1999
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.